Kevin Smith Leaves Filmmaking

I don't think filmmakers ever were born to be just filmmakers. Our parents definitely were always against it. At least my parents were. Filmmaker Kevin Smith decides to walk away from filmmaking. In this Podcast, he talks about how he got his start in filmmaking with movies like "Clerks". The movie was shot at a convenience store that he worked at.

Kevin's Podcasts have become very popular and he will continue to share his many talents in other areas. What's your favorite Kevin Smith film?




Comments

  1. Interesting interview. Always curious as to why people change careers when they've excelled. I would say Clerks is my favorite simple because it is the one I am most familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geri. I think with Kevin Smith, he had other options that were financially more stable than directing films. I'm sure directing wasn't great on his health. The time on set and long hours probably drove him to some unhealthy habits in the past. Maybe he lost his passion for directing. The film industry is very unstable. One day you are the biggest and brightest director with tons of scripts being thrown your way. The next day you are getting B-Movies that go straight to Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts